Saturday, August 2, 2008

My trip with Abby-GA/SC Family

We started our trip saying goodbye to Josh in Greenville and going the back way to his sister, Alison's house in Cumming, GA. She has 4 boys and Abby had a blast having some rough and tumble boys to play with! And their big black golden doodle doggie named Buddy! We swam and went to Sonic for lunch and just had an all-around good time before heading to Stone Mountain on Saturday for Ryan's work party picnic! Most of these pics are from that HOTT (but not as hot as it COULD have been-it was overcast, thank goodness!) and very fun day!

Abby at the Backyard Circus, where the kids became the circus acts!
Noah being the lion and tiger tamer!
As soon as Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato came out for their "Meet-n-Greet with the Veggie Tales", Abby ran up to Larry and hugged him! She LOVES Veggie Tales! Thanks to Alison, Ryan and the kids for waiting 15 minutes with us, even though they haven't seen Veggie Tales much!

On the train ride around Stone Mountain! Abby LOVES trains, but unfortunately, that famous smile did not reach her face during the train ride-she was hot , clingy and I think a little overwhelmed! So the whole train ride, I had the heat from outside, my "internal heater" (baby) and my "external heater" (Abby)-Notice my shiny face!
Us in front of Stone Mountain
Us on TOP of Stone Mountain
Abby thought at first that we were at the ocean. She said, "Mom! Don't fall in the water!" And was shocked when I told her it was the tops of the trees in the haze that we were seeing!
By 6 pm, I was ready to call it a day and was sure we would not last until the 9:30 pm laser show on the side of the mountain. I had seen it before, and even though I'm sure that Abby would have loved it in spite of her exhaustion, we left to head to Pendleton, SC to stay with my brother, Scott and his family and go to church in Seneca Ward, our old stomping grounds...
It was a lot of fun to see old friends and answer all the questions about the baby and Josh being Bishop, etc. Great fun! That Sunday afternoon, we headed down the road to visit Josh's cousin, Susan and her family...
Visiting Abby's second cousins, Trevor, Spencer and Vincent. This was when they were "being like a monkey--oohooheeheeh", according to Abby.
We stayed 1 more night with my bro and then visited my friends at the Clemson University Bookstore before heading to the Greenville area for a spaghetti dinner at Uncle Phil and Aunt Kathy's house...

Abby rode the pony with Zoie and the kids just played...they always have a blast at Uncle Phil's!

We were delayed going home with Poppy that night by a WICKED AWESOME storm! It was SWEET! Actually-that's what Josh would have said...I almost peed my pants I was so scared, but of course when Abby would say, "Mom, the ligh-ting scawe me! ", I had to say, "Naw! It's not scary!"

And just before we left, Abby donned a cowboy hat and played with hula-hoops! What a day!

We swam all day the next day with Heidi and the kids and had a yummy "Pizza House" dinner with Poppy! The next morning (Wednesday), we headed home...

We truly had a blast! Thank you to everyone who let us stay and eat your food and mess up your house! We love you all!

3 comments:

kk Leilani said...

Hi Harvey, well no longer Harvey, but Hi Erin Axelson. Your last name is very cool. It's me, Sis. Martin aka Kathy. What up yo. just kidding. sort of. anyways...I've been reading up on you via Charie and Alicia's blogs...and I finally started one of my own. Is it okay to put your blog on my page...? I love your blog and your awesome little family. Your little girl and husband are so dang cute. I really did read up on all your blogs...hee hee...and I love them. I just love the sistahs from the miss...being able to see what your fams have become is always inspiring. I love it.
I also know Wendy Tartaglia. We were in the MTC together and I wondered why in the world she had your blog info...We were in the same room, but weren't compies...however, we clicked and continue to -to this day. Again, another reason to love the miss.
Congratulations on fighting the good fight with your husbands new calling and all...wow. It seriously takes an amazing woman to support and sustain an incredible, humbling, perservering, etc...calling. I cherish the bishops I've had throughout my life.
Anywhooo thanks again for singing at my homecoming cha! Anyone one is blessed to hear you sing. Much love to you! Kathy

The Sorensen Bunch said...

My kids were obsessed with the veggie tales pictures- ha ha ha CUTE dress

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

Sounds like a Great trip!!!