Monday, August 11, 2008

Breaking Dawn-*WARNING! Contains SPOILERS!*


Okay, so I'm not usually one to get mixed up in the hype, but I was curious about why everyone loved the Twilight series so much, so I read the first book! Even though I liked it, the subject matter being what it was, it felt a little too violent for my taste in reads. I still wanted to read the rest, though, so I put my name on the list at the library for #2. It took almost 5 months, due to the fact that they only had one copy and SOMEBODY decided not to return it. Everyone in Florence should thank me, because I hounded the library to order another one and keep my name first on the list until it came in! So I got it, and finally got hooked! Once Meyer expounded upon Jacob's character, I was there! I also practically forced them to order Breaking Dawn, because they weren't scheduled to and I was NOT going to have to buy it, when I had gotten all the rest from the library! Plus, I had JUST finished Eclipse and, I mean, I couldn't just sit and wait when I KNEW it was coming out on the 2nd!
So I read my friend Ana's blog this morning and felt her post about said it all! I stole most of her post (Thanks, Ana!) for you all to see how I really feel about Breaking Dawn!

"Ok. I'm sorry, I liked this book. I actually really liked it. I have read a lot of reviews and most of the reasons why people DIDN'T like this book were the exact reasons why I liked this book. I wanted to get the wedding over with.. I wanted to get the the "change". The whole pregnancy threw me for a loop, but I accepted it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole imprinting thing. I know that many people had a problem with it.. but I thought it was great. I read somewhere that many people thought that it was a total anti-abortion book, but I didn't even think about that, so it didn't bother me.
"I think that most people are reading way too much into these books. I mean, they are books... works of fiction people. It's not the end of the world if the book wasn't exactly what you wanted. I have heard that she's not done with the Cullens though. There will be more books. They won't focus on Bella and Edward, but they will be around. In all.. I'm happy. It was what it was. I still love the books. All of them. It's something to take my mind away.. so, I'm good."

So there you go! DONE!

3 comments:

Charlotte King said...

How in earth did you get so much clout at the library? I bought the book as a carrot for people to give me rides since I don't own a car. I've decided that I really don't like Edward. I'm all about Jacob.

small town Hood said...

I love Edward and I am so excited that they got a baby. Can you imagine going through forever without a child. i think that this was my favorite book.

Oh by the way cogratulations on the new baby that is so exciting I hope the pregnancy is going well. Miss you guys

Heather

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

Haven't read them.... guess I should...

Course I did read the spoilers...hahaha