Monday, February 16, 2009

Blast from the Past!

Facebook is a wonderful thing! Well, most of the time....It has definitely kept me from updating my blog like I really should, but it is so fun to reconnect with old friends! Just recently, I managed to run into my friend, Simon! He was an exchange student at Goose Creek High School when I was a junior. I honestly don't remember our first meeting, but we became great friends! He thought I was "brilliant" and "radiant" (words I had never heard to describe me before!) That year, the drama club put on "The Importance of Being Earnest", and I played Lady Bracknell, the overbearing, ridiculous mother. Simon was in the play too and coached me a little on my accent. I even recently put that performance on DVD, so if any of you want it, let me know!

Anyway, Simon asked me to go to the prom with him that year, which was unbelievable to me, he being "really cool" and all, while I was kind of a smart nerdy sort of girl. It was an interesting night, to say the least, but I love him for TRYING as hard as he could to make it fun!



I just wanted to post a few pics I got from him so you can see how awesome I looked that night in my teal prom dress and orange lipstick! I actually did look quite classy, though my new white pumps were a grave mistake on the cobblestones streets of Downtown Charleston! And didn't Simon look dapper?!

We went to Johnny Rockets after with some friends...this is actually my cousin, Candice, who managed to score a date with Pecos Downey, who she had met at my church in one of her many summer visits to my house! She was wearing my aunt's sparkly dress, which actually was beautiful and she looked gorgeous! Somehow, she and I ended up riding home witha friend and without our dates! Someone will have to remind me exactly why if they can, because I can't really remember!

So, regardless of how the night ended, and the fact that the entire prom we spent in line, waiting to get our pics taken...I think we danced twice...I have nothing but fond memories...Thanks, Simon, for the blast from the past...

5 comments:

Candice Medlin said...

What was up with the dark lipstick? And my hair? Who let me out with you guys that night? lol.

Candice Medlin said...

Didn't my dress break that night and I couldn't wear it to my senior prom the next night? That was a crazy weekend for me. Two proms, two borrowed dresses and three dates. Hehehe! Those were the days!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Simon from American Idol?? that is what he sounds like...my brilliant and radiant companion!!!! LOVE the 80's EARLY 90's and the lace....wahoo!!!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

OMG, not kidding blast from the past! Isn't it funny to look at what you used to wear in the past?! I am embarased for my clothes...

kk Leilani said...

YOu Look Hot! Love the pics!