Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Surprise! It has snowed TWICE in Florence, SC this year! Unheard of...

I'm sure you all know that it hardly EVER snows in SC, so we are VERY excited when it does! The day before, the stores are overrun with customers buying gallons of milk and loaves of bread, and as soon as the first flake falls, the schools close and people either hole up in their houses with hot chocolate or run out with makeshift snow attire and make tiny snowmen! (We are included in most of that!) Everyone is so funny, especially because I lived in Utah for 4 years and in northern California for 18 months, so I've driven and played in many blizzards! Imagine our surprise to hear that it would be snowing Jan 20-We woke right up and played! I taught Abby how to make snowballs...

...and we made 2 tiny snowmen (of course). This one even had a piece of carrot for his nose and raisins for his eyes...

...then Abby pelted me with a few snowballs... ...and Phoebe stayed toasty warm and cute in the house the whole time......and we thought that was the end of our snow experience for this year!

Well, we were wrong! This morning we woke up and were shocked to see that it had snowed AGAIN-we didn't even know about it thise time--what a fun thing to wake up in the early morning and see everything covered in a blanket of white--beautiful!I just heard the schools are on a 2-hour delay tomorrow--the snow was gone about 6 hours ago...I guess there must be ice on the roads! I wouldn't know-I've been inside all day (after the initial playing out in the 25 degree/8 degree windchill this morning for awhile), toasting my feet and drinking hot chocolate with my girls-well, Phoebe's having formula-fridge is stocked with bread and milk...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We were so excited as well...I love the snow. Maybe it will happen agin:)

hippymom74 said...

Glad we could send some snow your way! We have had so much this year. It was a novelty last year but right now I could use some warm temperatures:)