Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Christmas 2008-FINALLY!

Christmas Eve began at Alison and Ryan's with Nana reading the Christmas Story and the kids acting it out. Phoebe was, of course, Baby Jesus this year and Abby was an angel (who, by the way, did not crack a smile the entire time!)







Us checking out Abby's loot from Nana and Poppy's Fishing Game





Abby reaching for "reindeer food" and throwing it out on the lawn!





We left out a plate of goodies for Santa and even a carrot for Rudolph!


On to Christmas morning! We were awakened by caroling coming from Al and Ry's bedroom. Most of the kids were in there singing at the top of their lungs trying to get us all to wake up--and it worked! Once we were all awake, the kids had to stay at the top of the stairs for a few grueling minutes before going downstairs to find their stockings on the fireplace--oh the nail-biting anticipation Abby felt! Notice the "I am awake way too early, but can't wait to see my presents" glazed look on her face!


Phoebe with her Minnie Mouse from her stocking (purchased in Myrtle Beach at the outlets on our trip!)



We always get matching jammies-check out those handsome, disheveled men!



And those crazy women-here's what we were thinking--E-"I love Christmas!", Mom-"What happened to my reindeer antler?", Heidi-"I love my family!", Alison-"It's been so crazy in my house, my eyes are crossing!" and Nadia-"I can't stop laughing at this crazy family I married into last year!"




It was a Dora Christmas for Abby this year-doll, backpack and slippers...




This is just a classic picture-Nana's true, sweet reaction to their gift with those antlers on!!



Sweet Phoebe...




Uncle A can always get the kids to smile!



Aunt Alison's fun hat craft!


Oh, the joys of a screaming child-it didn't even phase me!




Finally at home after a fun Christmas and a LONG drive! YOYOYO-Hats by Erin-Josh actually wanted his that tall!

Obviously, we had a blast! We always do! Happy belated holidays!


1 comments:

Momma Polly said...

What beautiful children. Thank you for sharing your fun Christmas pictures, and the wonder of snow, with us. What a wonderful mother you are!