Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Am I crazy or what?

So, this past Friday afternoon, Josh was off work and I asked him if Abby and I could go to the Stake Youth Volleyball Tournament in Myrtle Beach with him the next day. It's just over an hour away and I just did not want to stay home all day again, just Abby and me. Of course, he was thrilled, because I am so not a spur-of-the-moment gal, especially being 37 weeks pregnant!He didn't stop at being thrilled, though. He let me know that the tournament was to be at the State Park, which also had CAMPING! And that we should go and spend the night! Whoa! I wasn't too sure about that-sleeping in a tent? Right now? I told him he was crazy, but as I thought more about it and realized how nice the weather was and how SHORT the camping part would be and how I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway....I finally agreed! Besides, Abby LOVES camping and tents, so how could I say no? Can you believe it, girls?

Josh says I am the woman...he was soooo happy!

So we go there around 6:30 pm, after dinner on the way and some yummy ice cream, and set the tent up! We played cards until about 10-I was trying to stay up as late as possible, so the night of trying to sleep wouldn't seem so long, but I was exhausted, so we were on the air mattress in the tent by 10:30. (This next part especially for those of you have ever been pregnant!) I was surprisingly comfortable on the air mattress, but sleep did not come for me until around midnight and then at 12:30, of course, I awoke to the irresistable urge to go to the bathroom. I debated for 20 minutes whether I had to go bad enough to make the "trip" worth it at that particular moment, the "trip" consisting of ROLLING off of the air mattress onto my hands and knees, STANDING UP with nothing to hang on to, PULLING my pj pants on, SLIDING into my flip flops, unzipping the tent quietly and climbing out without tripping over anything, all with so much pressure on my bladder, I thought I'd wet myself-(Is this too personal?) Of course, then I had to actually get to the bathroom, which was only a short 3 or 4 campsite walk, but felt like a mile!

I'd like to say that I am NOT complaining! I KNEW it would be this way, but I did choose only to make the "trip" twice that night, though I could have gone 5 or 6 times. I actually did get rest, in spite of these things and the next morning, we packed up, went to a pancake house for breakfast and headed back to the park for Volleyball on the beach!

Abby and I sat and watched and played in the sand-she still has sand in her hair by the way, and just had an all around good time. It was overcast and cool, so WE didn't go in the water, but a lot of the youth did and of course, so did Josh. We had a blast, even when I realized my arms and face had gotten burnt to a crisp! 4 hours at the beach with no sunblock on a cloudy day with already sensitive skin, plus pregnant? BAD! Those things do NOT mix!

It was GREAT! I still can't believe I ever agreed to it, but there you go! I DID! CRAZY!

Here I am at the camp site with Abby-37 weeks that day!

4 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I am SOOOOOO Proud of you!! Go Harvey its your birthday.

OK I was laughing pretty hard about the bathroom experience--I remember doing it 2, once with Colton in my tummy and once with Ryland in my tummy. EXCEPT we have a poopy airmattress that went flat--what brand do you have? and a skunk that would not leave us alone all night--so I was pretrified of getting up and scarig it.

No sunblock-you naughty skin cancer mommy! OK I burn myself all the time-because by the time I lather everyone else up--i forget myself or think it won;t happen!

Abby's hair looks soo model girl feathered to the side in that one picture. Well--keep camping and this baby WILL come!

LOVE YOU!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

YOU are the woman!

I did that also 8 1/2 months pregnant with my first and last babes and I attracted a bit of attention. People would actually get mad at JOnathan and ask him how he could "Do that" to his pregnant wife. It was actually my idea so he would try and convince them of that but I don't think they really believed him.

So sad we didn't get to see you guys while we were here. It came up too quickly. We are leaving next Friday. Come visit us in UTAH :) haa haa

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Just checking to make sure it hasn't happened!

kk Leilani said...

I love how excited your husband got when you spontaneously responded to go camping! You really are a trooper. I love that you went and made it through the night despite the trips to get out of bed. I never thought about the addition of a new family member making such an incredible change in relation to a first and only child. That is bitter sweet. I enjoyed reading about that sweet and simple insight. So how ya feelin girl?! Hope you are doing great! Much love