Thursday, February 21, 2008

Laugh so you won't cry!

This happened almost a month ago, but I just loaded the pics on my computer, so I thought it was finally time to do a post about Abby's fun-filled days with not one but TWO DIFFERENT permanent markers!

Day one-I was on the computer, oh-so-innocently thinking that Abby was in the living room watching "Cake" (Strawberry Shortcake). I had checked on her halfway into the show and she was laying there on the floor, glued, so I figured all was okay, completely dismissing my knowledge that she can get into anything in a skinny minute! I heard the annoying ending song of the show and headed back to check again, when I heard the microwave running! My feet sped up and my mouth prepared to yell something about NOT TOUCHING THE MICROWAVE, when I saw what she had REALLY been doing! (Ana, you will be able to relate!) Cabinet open, purple permanent marker over her arms, hands and tummy, as well as over every can or box of food within her reach and the WHITE cabinets! I promptly picked her up, practically threw her into a cushy chair so she wouldn't touch my white shirt, and made her sit there in "time-out" screaming her little head off while I took the white eraser to the cabinet. ( I was so mad I couldn't think straight-I probably should have dealt with her FIRST!) I carried her to her room and actually had the presence of mind to take a picture or two, which was when the anger melted away after seeing this smile!

To make a long story short, before the day was finished, 10 towels had been soaked, 2 that she pulled into the tub and threw back out and 8 to clean up that mess, one hand towel had been used to clean the carpet where purple marker had been smeared, another hand towel used to clean up the tinkle from when she woke up from her nap buck naked and tinkled just as I walked in the room (her sheet was not on the bed because she had woken up the same way that morning, so it was in the washer) and about 2 or 3 loads of laundry to clean it all up!

So imagine my surprise 3 days later, when standing at the SAME cabinet (I THOUGHT I had cleared out any "problem" items from this cabinet), I find the SAME child, with BLACK permanent marker this time, drawing on her tummy, legs and "painting her toenails"! How does this happen? I had to laugh inside and almost did out loud ( I couldn't let her think it was okay, though!) If you look closely, you can still see the remnants from the first mishap on her tummy!

Abby is definitely 2! And I hear things don't change much when they hit 3! It was quite an adventure and now I laugh OUT LOUD when I think about it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HA HA HA!! I'm dying over here. I'm glad it's not just my child that wants tattoos! Oh, and the naked thing kinda goes away. We had to work through it by dressing her in long PJ's and safety pinning her into them. Now, the question is.. has she ever decorated her bedroom with POOP?? Logan has... like 5 times. WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD!!!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

That's hillarious! I loved the story. She is definitely persistant if the next day she did it again. Kids are so cunning. It doesn't matter how many times I tell Ava not to do something and she will do it just to make me mad! Our problem is permanent lipstick. I guess I should get a clue and just lock it up somewhere when she cannot get it.

Erik i Bennarby said...

Hej på er.

Axelson är ett typiskt Svenskt namn.. Är ni från Sverge?
Are you from Sweden?

Ha en bra dag

Erik i Bennarby said...

Hej på er.

Axelson är ett typiskt Svenskt namn.. Är ni från Sverige?
Are you from Sweden?

Ha en bra dag

The Sorensen Bunch said...

How cool is the swedish stuff? kinda cool-you should jsut reply in whatever letters mumbo jumbo-cool to have a pen pal in Sweden though. Abby and Ryland belong together-watch out-- your upholstery in your car is next!! It is the two's!! AAAH! LOVE it-you will be so glad you took pictures! yeah-thanks alot for babysitting 'cake'-you stink!

w_layne_h said...

that abby is hilarious! mina still has this red ink from some really good pen all over her hands still from like 3 days ago. it just won't go away!!! these kids are crackin' me up!