Friday, February 8, 2008

I've been tagged!

Thanks Alicia for blog tagging me! I know this will be fun! (This tag is asking me to list 6-1o things about me that people may or may not know! I'll go for 8!)


8. I love Jane Austen! I have literally seen EVERY movie version of her novels, but own only the ones I REALLY like! (I have read all 6 of her completed novels more than once as well! And just about every sequel I can get my hands on, which is quite a few!) I am GLUED to PBS on Sunday nights right now for Masterpiece-where there are new versions of Persuasion, Mansfield Park, Sense and Sensibility and Northanger Abbey, showings of Colin Firth/Jennifer Ehle Pride and Prejudice and Kate Beckinsale Emma, and a few new period romances as well!


7. I recorded a song in the studio when I was a junior at BYU. My roommate, Christine and I loved to sing together and were intrigued by the unique harmonies of Indigo Girls. We learned a few of their songs and got together with a friend (Ray H), who learned the guitar part. Ray and his buds had a band (Spivey's Corner) and when they heard us sing "The Wood Song", they asked us to come sing at one of their gigs at a local hot spot! We did, and Tucker (Micah), who was majoring in all that studio/sound mixing and stuff had to record and mix a song for his project. He asked us to record and the rest is history!


6. I intend to record a CD in a local studio this year. I got a good deal and hope it all will work out! Comment and tell me what you'd like to hear on my CD--this one will be sort of religious in nature, but I welcome any requests to give me ideas!


5. I LOVE to dance-anyone from college knows that I loved ballroom dancing, but I'm secretly into hip hop and plan to take some classes with my little brother soon! My cool brothers tell me I've got the moves and have since high school when I taught them how to do a snake move in reverse! I'm also beginning to enjoy contemporary-at least watching it!


4. My guilty pleasure is to watch certain reality tv shows-American Idol, the Bachelor, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance are my favorite. Below are pics of my fave moments from Season 2 of SYTYCD. I know! I know! The girls are scantily clad most of the time and and the dancing can get a little questionable, but that's why I say it is a GUILTY pleasure! I actually bought tickets to the tour that summer and went with several members of my family! It was a BLAST!

Allison and Ivan hip hop to Neyo "Sexy Love"

Allison and Ivan contemporary to "Why" (Annie Lennox)

Heidi and Travis contemporary to "Calling You" (Celine Dion)

Benji and Donyelle broadway to "You Can't Stop the Beat" (Hairspray)
Heidi and Benji-just incredible dancing!

Benji and Donyelle hip hop to "Too Much Booty in da Pants";0)



3. I could eat Hershey's Sundae Pies from Burger King all day and night! Of all the weird things I could have craved while I was pregnant, that was what I craved the most! (I can't believe I only gained 36 pounds!) A friend from work at the Clemson University Bookstore brought me like 10 one day during my pregnancy. Well maybe 5 or so, but it seemed neverending and wonderful at the same time!


2. I taught myself to sew a while back and haven't stopped since! Curtains, crib bumpers, crib skirts, and dozens of baby blankets and clothes. And I made most of my own maternity clothes when I was pregnant with Abby (Darn the cost and unavailability of plus size maternity clothes!) But thank goodness I did (see #1;0)



SCROLL DOWN...





1. WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!


After 2 rounds of fertility medicine, I was shocked to find out that we have a baby on the way in October! (Especially knowing how long it took us to get pregnant with Abby!) We are ecstatic! The doctor humored us and did an ultrasound this morning--ONE baby in just the right place! The ultrasound tech even gave me a picture of our "dot" (I was kind of irritated when she put it that way!) I read in one of my pregnancy books that the baby is about the size of an appleseed right now, so on the way out of the doctor's office, I told Josh that our little "Appleseed Axelson" was just fine! So here it is! Our little Appleseed Axelson!


See that dot to the middle left?

I know it's kind of lame to have an ultrasound pic where you REALLY can't see anything, but it's all I got! Love y'all!

6 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

OH MY GOODNESS CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you all.
HOW EXCITING!
LOVE,
Aunt Lynn
XOXOOXOXXO

Kathy said...

Congratulations Erin!!! I am so happy for you!

Wanna hear something funny? I was watching the Masterpiece version of Miss Austen Regrets when I read your blog! I am a huge Jane Austen fan myself...I guess I should have known that we still have a lot in common. :0)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

What a creative way to announce it!!!! I am glad I tagged you. you are my girl-Happy appleseed day!! ha ha ha ha Axelson appleseed. I will gorever associate this baby with that!

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! That is so cool! I'm so happy for you! It will be fun to follow you during the next 9 months!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

yay!!!!! congratulations!! that's awesome. Expect an email from your "infertility sista-hood" - aka. me. I am going through the same crap right now so need to ask some quesitons.

and no kidding, hershey pie could be eaten for breakfast lunch and dinner - sooo good!!!

Adam and Ann Watkins said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!