Thursday, February 14, 2008

14 Things I Love About My Valentine on Feb. 14

I borrowed this idea from a friend, but thought it was perfect for today...
#14. You held my hand on our first date to freak out our scheming sisters, and liked it so much, you didn't let go, even when the charade could have easily been over!
#13. You picked the perfect engagement ring for me with no help and knew that it would be okay with me if our sisters and moms hid behind a van and watched us get engaged.
#12. You join my brothers in our family traditions that seem totally crazy-racing down the hill at the cemetary in WV when we visit Uncle Terry's grave(Don't ask!) And comparing belly sizes...
#11. You'll do things to embarrass yourself, just to make people laugh... like put on clothes that are too tight and make hilarious faces.
#10. You learned to knit so you could help me get my Christmas gifts done quicker, admitted it to everyone and even let me take pictures!
#9. You're excited to dress up for Halloween!

#8. When I volunteered you to play Santa Claus at my workplace, you did it without complaining!

#7. You let me have my way-most of the time. (Spending $30 on those terrible caricatures I wanted so badly at Cedar Point, OH when were VERY poor.)
#6. You get me to do things I never thought I would do-like jumping into a freezing cold NY lake when it wasn't quite spring yet!

...And hiking over slippery rocks to reach the top of a waterfall--and slipping on those rocks to fall flat on my bum, where I had a huge bruise for a month after!

#5. You actually LIKE hard work and do it with a smile on your face!

#4. You're adventurous...and make me want to be, too.

#3. You adore your mom and would do anything for her...

#2. You love our daughter and have lots of fun with her...

And here we go, drum roll please...
#1. You picked me ...


...And I'm grateful every day! I love you!


6 comments:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

wow Erin this is a really cute post. You guys look so lovely on your wedding day photo! You two are lucky to have each other and look like a great match. -Carine

w_layne_h said...

i just cried a little bit.

Momma Polly said...

Cute blog. Everyone should see this to read what it means to really love each other. Happy Valentines Day to a couple who really get it.
We love you,
Uncle Rich and Aunt Polly

Lynn Barry said...

Reading this made me cry with joy at the love you two share. Thanks for making this blog entry...you two are amazing. HUGS and LOVE

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Oh my gosh-I am IN LOVE now (not really) In love for you. Josh is my buddy he is PERFECT for my girl. I still can't believe how easy it was for you, after how hard it had been to get there! Love it!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

BTW- did you scan all of these?!