Thursday, March 6, 2008

Can I post with no pics or what? I think I can!

Okay, so today I realized how long ago my last post was! Even though I check everyone else's blog EVERYDAY, I've been a slacker with my own! So I figured it really is okay to post without putting a bunch of pics! So here you go...
I only have 3 weeks of my first trimester left and believe me, I'm ready for the nausea to end! I don't remember feeling this sick with Abby. Everyone says that means it's a boy, but my sister, Sarah insists it's a girl (whose name she says will be Sarah, by the way-I'm not so sure.) And even Abby is talking every day about her "baby stister"-but every once in a while she comes out with something about her "brudder", too, so how can ya tell, eh? Oh, well...still plenty of time before we'll find that out!
Life is great! Ours has been filled with plans for the future. Will Abby stay in the small room or should we move her to the larger one at the end of the hall and put the baby in the room next to ours? When do we need to move her out of the crib and into a real bed-yes, she's STILL in the crib and never even tries to get out! We need to get her potty-trained-when? By the way, we already tried once and she DID NOT get it! And Josh has started training for a bike ride in July. A while back, he used to be really into biking and even did the BRAG (Bike Ride Across Georgia) twice and across Missouri once with a bunch of his family members! Now, 15 years or so later, they've decided they want to try again-this time the RAGBRAI (Bike Ride Across Iowa), so his goal is to lose 40 lbs by then and train his little heart out, so it will be the least painful as possible! His uncle and his mom are planning to go too, and they all think I'm a saint for saying he could do it, considering I will just be getting into my 3rd trimester by that time. But my philosophy is if it will make him happy and motivate him to lose the weight and gain better health, which he's been wanting to do forever, it will be totally worth it! And it will force me to eat as healthy as possible, so I can help him!
Josh will be shrinking as I'm getting as big as a house! I love it! I'll post again soon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for new posts! Don't worry ONE bit about Abby still being in a crib. Trust me, if I could have kept the twins in the port a crib longer and left Logan in her crib.. I would have. Now it's a constant struggle to get her to stay in bed!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Dear BIG as a HOUSE...what's my excuse without the prego!! My mome (who had 9) said keep your babes in the crib as long as they will let you...just go buy another one at a garage sale if you have too! Then they are not running out and trying to get into your bed, OR trying to get out of sleeping, or tearing apart their room, or finding permanenet markers...you get my drift! I do not potty train until they turn 3--I Do not even try it before then (I learned with my first) then when I do it, it is done, I do not have to do the in between stuff. I FINALLY had to force Colton at 3.5 when Ryland was a short few weeks away from arriving, I refused to do 3 sets of diapers (sorry ana). YEAH!!! Oh, and can i go with Josh on the bike ride, it sounds FAB!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

I think you will be having a boy since you are feeling more sick than with Abby. I guess that's the only positive thing about that right?

Tina (Hickman) Ottley said...

I can relate. I'm not a cute little pregnant woman. When I am like 6 months along, people keep asking me if I am due any day now...Then when you say I have 4 months left, they look horrified! I too get as big as a house. It's terrible.
We put Avery in a toddler bed. It was not our smartest move. I agree with Alicia's mom. Avery was happy in her crib. Now she wanders into our room at night. Why did we change? Can't remember the logic, but at the time it seemed like a good idea.
Tina

Cathryn said...

Hello,

You don't know me, but I kinda know your husband (dont be scared)!
I am a cousin to Susan, Heather, Nick, Nathan, Steven and Scott. I remember your husband from years ago when he was a teenager. I would fly out to South Carolina to visit with Larry and Brenda and we would be with Janey and her family as well; MANY fun memories. A wonderful family that always laughed a lot. I always enjoyed them. I had a special love for their grandmother who died years ago.

Anyway, I found your site linked to Susan's (who never posts! Come on Susan, I need to catch up on family and your blog is my only hope! hint hint). I have enjoyed reading it. At first, I thought I was just reading someone randoms blog, but much to my suprise and excitement I finally noticed that I was reading a blog from someone in the "family." The pic of Josh and his mom from years ago did it.

Anyway, sorry for the long comment. Thanks for giving me fun stories to read on your cute blog. I have one as well. We are in Okinawa as my husband is an Air Force dentist.

Take care! And keep writing!