Tuesday, March 25, 2008

EASTER!

Okay, so Easter was so fun this year! So much preparation for one day! But, here was my favorite memory this year-Abby's HAIR! So, here's the story...I have never claimed to be the best hairdresser-my mornings are full of shaking my fist at the mirror and wondering why I can NEVER do my hair like they do it in the salon! But I guess I thought that when I became the mom of a beautiful little girl, it would all of a sudden come to me like magic and I'd have absolutely NO problem getting HER hair to lay in the perfect Shirley Temple curls. That was my plan for this Sunday morning! And the fact that Josh had no morning church meetings was even better, because it would give me more time to focus!

All I can say was that it was a disaster! And I had to laugh when Josh walked in our bathroom, saw her hair and said, "Um, why don't you curl her bangs back and kind of feather them?" He was trying to be constructive! So HE took the curling iron, curled her bangs back and cracked us both up when he poofed it up a little and said excitedly, "Look! It's the PERFECT 80's CLAW!" I almost fell on the floor laughing! Unfortunately, I did not take a picture at that moment, but laughing was definitely the only option, because I was about to cry! And it had calmed down by the time we took these pictures right before leaving for church.
I got so frustrated with the frizz at church that I ended up putting it all up in the middle of church, which is how it was in the family picture! (Can you see my pooch? Of course you can! Not even really baby yet, just leftover fat redistributing itself! And I suppose the satiny shirt with the camera flash didn't help!)

This picture is in our back yard after the Easter egg hunt with Abby's cousins Kendal and Tanner. She was in HEAVEN, as you can see by her trying her darndest to get that egg open!

And this one shows her on her new swingset, built by her dad, her Poppy and her Uncle Boo. We still haven't put the "big girl" swing up yet, but we'll take that as it comes! She would stay in that swing ALL DAY if I would let her! Thank you, Poppy and Uncle Boo for helping!
Thus ends the saga of the Easter hair catastrophe! I guess I am no beautician! But, I DID make her dress, so maybe there is SOME talent there somewhere!

8 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

I love your stories, Erin...and I love feeling a part of your lives via this blog. THANKS AND HUGS

Paper Blizzard Story said...

Erin you crack me up!! And Abbey's dress is so pretty! I can't believe you can do that stuff. So cool! We're so excited for you guys that you have another one on the way!

Thanks for sharing, Erin. It's so good to be able to keep up!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

There is my GIRL! I LOVE her frizz and all. Actually it does not look so bad. BUT I love Josh even more for makinhg a CALW! I KNOW check out stinking kjar's girls...I tried all her hints and Dacie's still will not do it. I think it is their hair type, kjar has beauty thick! BTW-cutestblog on the block at blogspot is my new favorite blog background site how is the pregnancy!?

Tina (Hickman) Ottley said...

I know the hair frustration. I can do my own hair, no problem. But Avery has hair like her dad, very fine hair. I have no idea how to do it!

I love the family picture, very cute. My easter family pictures consisted of Avery being very difficult and none that we can post!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Very few people can actually do their hair like it is done at the salon. It is a mystery to me too! So cute! Love your blog!

Ann said...

SO STINKING CUTE! I love it! The dress was so cute and the hair was cute on her. =) Wouldn't have been on me. Loves - Ann

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

I cannot believe how she gives you a picture perfect smile every time. She is such a cute little girl. I think Ava would be really good friends wiht her if they were around. I also loved her little dress and white shoes.

Susan said...

I can't tell who abby looks the most like???? How are you feeling? Maybe we will see you soon!