Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hershey, PA

We got our pic taken in front of the HUGE tree inside Hershey's Chocolate World!

Abby took the tour sitting with Zoie-it was awesome to see how it's all made--and the "sample" was especially great!
Hershey Park was later that day and by this point, Abby's cold she had caught a few days earlier was getting to her. But we had to stop at the entrance of the park and decide which rides she could ride--the ones marked "Hershey Miniatures"!
She loved riding the Carousel with Dad, but you can see her exhaustion in her eyes!
And of the 5 pictures I took of her on this ride, not once did I get a smile. It was so sad! She was trying so hard! She just kept going....
...and going...


...and going....

...and going...

...and going....until she could go no more...

...and it was time to head home hugging her Reese's Peanut Butter Bear that Nana and Poppy bought for her...and about 10 hours later....we were home (we hit traffic in DC).

It was a great trip and we had a BLAST!

3 comments:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

I have always dreamed of going there. It just sounds soo sweeeet!

Erin, love your hair - still as curly as ever. I sort of lost my curls.....

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

That's so funny what you said about your hair losing a curle after Abby. Isn't that weird? The same totally happened to me. I wonder when we have 2 or 3 kids, will our hair just totally become straight? Strange thing I didn't know could happen after you have kids :)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

My family took a whole vacation to hershey world. I have such FOND memories of the quaint little place and the Hershey tou you take on kisses!!! AAAH! You are on somptin ggrounds where a pice of my heart is! How far away is it?