Friday, January 18, 2008

Christmas Eve Pics-a little late!

This year, we invited all my family members who live here in Florence to come over for Christmas Eve. I really wanted to start some traditions for our little family, especially since Abby is old enough to almost "get it" now. So I really wanted to read and act out the story of Christ's birth. But my brother, Ben, and his family couldn't make it until later that night, so Abby and Baby Myah were the only children there, meaning we had to use the adults as the actors!

"Mary" (my grandma, Da) and "Joseph" (my grandpa, Papa) on their way to the city of David with their "donkey" (my brother, Boo)

"Baby Jesus" (Myah) sleeping contentedly (for about 2 seconds) in the "manger" (our ottoman)

The whole scene, with a "shepherdess" holding "Baby Jesus";0)

Almost the whole cast-Josh was videotaping and my cousin Tammy was taking pics.

Front L-R: Wise Woman (my Aunt Lynn, my mom's sister), Shepherdess (Amber, my sister-in-law)

Middle L-R: Wise Woman (my Aunt Libby, my mom's sister), Wise Woman (my mom), Donkey (apparently from da Hood;o)-my brother, Boo, Shepherdess (my sister, Anna), Angel (Abby, who had removed her costume as quickly as I had put it on!), Shepherdess (my cousin, Jaqueline), Mary (my grandma), with Baby Jesus (Myah), The Star (my sister, Sarah)

Back L-R: Joseph (my grandpa), the director (me;o), Narrator (my dad), Angel (my Uncle William)

It was a blast! We went and caroled to our neighbor next door who has Alzheimer's, which was really neat! We had my grandma's famous chicken-n-dumplins and my Aunt Libby's famous macaroni-n-cheese, with tons of yummy desserts that I worked very hard on-I used the pecans Abby picked up to make two pecan pies-one with chocolate, too. And we had fabulous appetizers, too!

Christmas is so wonderful! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

that looks like a ton of fun! what a great family tradition!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Sounds like some good southern cookin and FuN (lets live closer please!!!!)! Where did you collect all the costumes?!!!!I LOVE and miss you more looking at your blog maybe I better stop!