Friday, August 7, 2009

The coolest grandparents EVER...

This summer has been so crazy, but so fun! Many of you know that when we moved to Florence, we stayed with my parents for a few months and then my grandparents decided they needed a change and offered to sell us their home as they wanted to move to an apartment. The complex they moved to was literally a short walk from the house. We have spent so much time with them and I am so grateful for all that they do for us and bring to our lives! They kept Abby for over a year every Wednesday morning for me to attend TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) and then when Phoebe was born, they offered to come over to OUR house and keep both girls. It has been and still is such a wonderful thing for our girls! My grandpa walks over randomly and trims our bushes and works in our garden...He comes over regularly to use his barber skills to cut Josh's hair...Da always saves things for me (coupons she thinks I might use or articles from the paper she thinks I would want to read)..they are such wonderful people! Several times this summer, they have invited the girls and me to swim in the pool at their apt building. Since you have to be a resident or with a resident, one or both of them will meet us there, always with a basket of goodies and cooler of cold water. We have had such fun with them as they sit in the shade under an umbrella, sometimes in 100 degree weather, and watch us play, then take care of Phoebe so I can focus on just Abby. Here are some pics of one such time...It was actually my birthday and they made it so fun! I wish there was a way I could show how much I love and appreciate them! But I'll just say that we are fulfilling one of the reasons we moved here in the first place...so our kids could know and love their great-grandparents...

I couldn't believe when she offered to take soaking wet Phoebe-I know it HAD to have driven her crazy to get her shirt all wet!!

Seriously! Almost every picture I take of Da, she's either looking anywhere but the camera, talking or closing her eyes!!! Gotta love it!

0 comments: