Saturday, August 8, 2009

Birthday flowers...

My 33rd birthday was on June 9th and I haven't had such a fun birthday in a long time! From the previous post, you saw that I went swimming with my girls that morning, but then we came home and made a pizza for lunch. Josh did so well this year! A sweet friend of mine who works in the church library with me does beautiful, intricate origami flowers (and animals as well). He noticed her book of patterns one Sunday and "commissioned" a bouquet for my birthday. I hear it took her many hours and she stayed up well into the early morning hours to finish them on time, but they were well worth her effort! (Thanks, Sara!)
We capped off the evening with a yummy steak dinner-steaks on the grill, baked potatoes...mmmm...and my "cake" was an oreo pie...just my style!

Thank you, honey, for knowing what I would want and following through with it! You definitely got it right! You're the best!

4 comments:

alisa said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY my sweet harvey...I really want to live closer so we can PARTY it UP!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

MUCHO CUTE BACKGROUND BTW!

Katie said...

You are the cutest. And your family is darling. Happy belated bday!