Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pecans with Grandma

Pecans are my favorite nut, whether you say it the southern way-peeee-caaan-or the northern way-puh-cahn-or someway in between-peeee-cahn or puh-caaan!! They have always been important to me, because my Great Grandma and Grandaddy Petty had a pecan tree or two in their yard and I remember going outside with them, after having Moon Pies and soda pop
as a snack, and picking up the pecans off of the ground! My grandparents also lived on Pecan Avenue the whole time I was growing up! I thought it was neat when my mom called and asked if Abby wanted to come over to her office by the church and pick up pecans from under the pecan tree in the yard there. It brought back memories...

Abby loved it, of course, once she realized what she was looking for and how many there were to pick up-isn't it exciting when your child sees a form of work as fun?! Grandma let her have all the pecans and now my goal is to crack them and let Abby help me make a pecan pie for Christmas dinner--we'll see if it actually happens!
So, I've written a whole post about pecans! I guess I really am a nut!

3 comments:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

Hey Erin, thanks for adding me (this is Carine, old college roommate). I am glad we got connected. No kidding - internet is the best!! Your little girl is soooo cute!! And you look very good also. Sounds like you are on the East Coast somewhere, right? Anyways, I have added you and I will check your blog frequently. It's been fun doing this blog stuff. I have checked out Alicia's blog also.

Unknown said...

Yeah, you figured it out! By the way, your daughter is adorable!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Black eye peas!!! i like the southern WAY!!!!