Monday, December 3, 2007

Harvey Boys Camping Trip

A couple of weeks ago, my brother, Scott, planned a camping trip for all the boys to Cheraw State Park. It included my four brothers, Scott (37), Layne (30), Ben (28) and Boo (26), my Dad-I won't put his age, but you can tell he's OLD by the "bustin' grays" coming out of the side of his hat and last, but definitely not least, Josh (31)-the only "outlaw" who was there;) They had a blast, even though Scott and Josh are the only real campers in the bunch! It made me really happy to see the friendship and love they all have for one another and even though I hear the talk got a little rowdy sometime, I know they all are looking forward to the next trip, since it seems that it will become an annual thing!
The picture above was taken on a long bridge above a beautiful waterfall--I know because I've been there before!

All "the boys" around the campfire--Don't let Layne's scary eyes fool you--he's the biggest softy I know!

You can tell Dad's getting old--He had to take a snooze by the fire before driving the 45 minutes back home!

4 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

Looks like great memories were made...for sure. HUGS

Anonymous said...

What a great picture. I sure miss you guys so much. Erin, give them all a hug from me. Love you guys. Sue

w_layne_h said...

bustin' grays! ha! i haven't heard that in a long time.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

My favorite is the can of pringles being held so delicately in the bridge shot- no camping without some CHIPS!