Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our little "ray of sunshine" turns 1!

Here's Phoebe the morning of her birthday! She went with me that morning to my weight loss group--TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly). I actually joined the group in Oct 2007 so I could lose the ten lbs required by my doctor to be able to start treatments to get pregnant again. I lost the weight in 10 weeks, started the medication and found out I was pregnant with Phoebe in February 2008. She was born 1 year and two days after I joined TOPS, so I would definitely say that she is our TOPS club mascot! Okay, I digress! Back to her birthday! She came to TOPS with me and all the ladies fawned over her and even sang Happy Birthday, quietly of course, because every time she comes to TOPS, she screams because we are too loud! So she looked cute, huh?

We had her birthday party the next day and I decided the oh-so-clever theme of "You Are My Sunshine"! Got some ideas off of the internet, thought up some of my own and VOILA! Here you go! Sunshine cake (orange supreme cake mix with yummy orange frosting)...


...orange yellow and red homemade deco...

...and of course, all our favorite yellow and orange finger foods...cheese and crackers, peppers and carrots with ranch, fruit salad with pineapple, oranges and apples, reeses pieces, orange slices and Velveeta cheese dip with tortilla chips!


Happy with Dad!

Blowing out the candles...well, I guess I did that!

She liked the cones better than the cake!!!

But she loved the cake too!

She loves to sit in her little rocking chair!

Me and my girls!

The next day, we headed to Greenville to see the Axelson side ;0) and to attend Cousin Ben's baptism...we had to take a family picture...

She was not a happy camper that day, but we were exctied to see her gift from Nana and Poppy...a beautiful quilt, handmade by Nana and Aunt Sue (Thank you!!!)...

...and her tutu and bedazzled t-shirts, handmade by Aunt Ali...

I know she was really happy inside!
Aunt Heidi got her a beautiful pink corduroy dress with embroidered flowers, which she wore to church the next day (I didn't get a pic!) The Johansen kids were in their Primary program and they did beautifully! It was Madi's last year in the Primary program and she had a solo! She was so excited and her solo was LOVELY!
We begrudgingly went home that evening, excited for another Greenville trip 4 days later, but that's another post!!! Here's Phoebe with her new blanket! She wouldn't let us take it off anf has slept every night since then, surrounded by its warmth!
So she's now a one-year-old! Weird! And she's got her two top front teeth about to bust through to prove it (and to explain her grumpiness!!!)
More to come later...

7 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

This is wonderful...so cool that Phoebe and our Brad have the same birthday!!! Love it! She's a sweetiepie...such a little Josh, as I remember him when he was little. HUGS and LOVE

The Sorensen Bunch said...

OF COURSE!!!! You came up wiht another cake idea I have to copy!!! That quilt is rad. Decorations and food SUPREME! and I like your new "do" and highlights!!

Paper Blizzard Story said...

Awww! Too cute! I love the one of her crying! That's hilarious!

kk Leilani said...

love your family. what an awesome cake! She is growing so fast! This was a fun post to see and read. Happy Halloween!

Meredith said...

Oh my gosh, she is just a ray of sunshine, you are not wrong! That cake is adorable and screaming in the tutu? Too much!

Unknown said...

How absolutely precious, Erin! You have the cutest kids!
Tina

The Evans Family said...

What a cutie! Our babies are close in age. That crying tutu picture is awesome!