Monday, March 30, 2009

Daddy/Mommy/Daughter Date-The Music Man!

Abby LOVES The Music Man! We listen to it in the car constantly and her favorite song is "Rock Island"-the one on the train in the beginning-"But he doesn't know the TERRITORY!" In fact, she always asks for it by saying, "Mom! I want the TERRITORY!" (LOVE it!)
So we recently found out that several members of our ward were involved in a production of The Music Man in a nearby town, so we got tickets and took Abby on a date last Friday, March 20th!




We started the night rushing to clean our house, because our sassy, perfectionist, 70-yr-old babysitter (Miriam Dew, the YW President in our ward) surprised us by showing up at our messy house as we were walking out the door to take Phoebe to HER (I'm sure perfectly clean)house! Anyway...we headed to Schoolhouse BBQ for dinner...


We had a lot of this...

...and some more of this...

...and I had a little of this...
...definitely NOT on my normal diet plan, but sooooo good!
Then it was off to the theater...

I don't have pics of the actual show, but here are some from other places to give you an idea...

It was a GRAND night! We were a little worried that Abby would get bored, since her favorite song is the first one, but she was GLUED and except for a few too many requests to go to the bathroom or get water, she did great!

I hope to make Abby as much of a musical lover as I am...and I guess as her dad is too, because though he would tell you he's not-he knows every word to The Music Man and is suspiciously familiar with other faves of mine as well...SO FUN!


4 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

I just remember that Uncle Tom was the professor in a community production of MUSIC MAN years ago...I bet Abby will be impressed...HUGS

Paper Blizzard Story said...

How fun, Erin! Those are good memories! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you're having a good time with those girls!

kk Leilani said...

Suspiciously familiar...ha ha...I love that. I love reading your posts and am glad your back...for a little while. I love the Music Man too...although I don't remember much of it as of late, but I'd watch it again. It'd be cool to watch it with you. You guys are the coolest parents ever! Much love to you!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

THAT is some GOOD SOUTHERN COOKIN'!!! Yummy--yummy--- Music man is SO YOU!!! and now Josh and your abby. You are a cute little musical familia!!! I LOVE IT!