Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Christmas Present--Pre-Christmas!

Every year around Halloween or sometimes Thanksgiving, I provide Josh with a Christmas list-as detailed as possible. I tell him exactly where to get the item for the cheapest price and all the websites and passwords he'll need to find my favorite books and videos online. I know, it's ridiculous...most of you know that I've always been a movie nut and an avid reader so it is unheard of for there not to be a Jane Austen adaptation or old Gene Kelly movie that I want...Well, sometimes things change and this year was one of those times! I couldn't think of a single movie or book I wanted! When Josh had not received my list by Thanksgiving, I think he thought something was wrong. When he asked me what I wanted for Christmas, all I could think of was, "A break..." So I told him that I wanted an overnight trip with no kids and no worries about money."And I don't want to plan it..."

Well, sometimes you get just what you want and my coolest gift came in the form of a two night trip to Myrtle Beach, and I had to be ready to take the trip BEFORE CHRISTMAS! (Josh is very frugal and got a great deal-I love that about him!) We stayed at Dunes Resort, which has two indoor water parks with slides and lazy rivers and heated pools and hot tubs-plus, we were right on the beach! The first night we ate out and then headed to then indoor lazy river, hot tub and kid-size slides! It was sooooo fun! There was hardly anyone there and it was all open until 10 pm, so we stayed til it closed! We slept with the door to the balcony open, so we could hear the ocean all night! Perfect vacation for me!

The next day we went out to breakfast, and then shopped for 6 HOURS! All I'll say is that that is UNHEARD OF for us! We also walked around Broadway at the Beach for a while and visited a HUGE candy store! We were having so much fun, we wanted to share it, so we called my brother, Boo and invited him to bring his sweet wife, Amber, down for dinner with us for their anniversary! They met us at Outback and we talked them into coming back to our Resort and playing at the water park with us.


They hadn't brought bathing suits, but we made due! Amber wore my extra suit-she was "swimming" in it-and Boo wore Josh's exercise shorts! Now, I'm putting this picture on, but I'm sorry, I had to crop it for the sake of all of us, especially me! You get the idea, though!

We went to the BIG slides this time and as you can see by their faces, Josh, Boo and Amber were quite surprised when they went airborne on the dip in the middle of the slide! I wish I had the screams of surprise on video! And then they decided to be a bunch of crazies and jump in the OUTSIDE lazy river-it had to be in the 40s and windy outside!






We finally talked them into staying overnight on the couch bed in our room and even called my parents, who had Abby and Phoebe and convinced them to go and get Myah (Boo and Amber's 14-month old), who was at their house with Amber's mom, and keep her overnight too!

We went out for snacks and played cards late into the night! I don't think I've had a more relaxing and fun trip! Thank you, Josh for the best Christmas present EVER! And Amber and I have decided we're going to make it an annual thing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You all look like you are having so much fun! We can't wait to play games have fun on your trip this weekend!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

wow, what a surprise! you have a sweet hubby.