Thursday, November 6, 2008

Abby is potty-trained...FINALLY!

Well, I think Abby is just about there! We just have to get her to go at church! (She doesn't like the bathrooms at church, because the toilets are too loud!)
We tried a couple of times before Phoebe was born, but to no avail...Then we were in Walmart during one of my "I'm going to Walmart to walk around and try to get this labor thing going" times (My mom was with Abby and me), and Abby saw this Dora potty. She has had a separate potty for awhile, but when she saw this one that fits on the toilet seat, that was it!
We promised her that after her sister was born, she could get that Dora potty and even some Dora panties if she would use it, and she agreed! So, as you can see by the date, which is actually off-I don't know what is up with my camera (it should be 10/20/08)-she started only 6 days after Phoebe's birth and has been going strong ever since...

She finally went tinkle on the potty! 1 sticker on the chart!

Consistency is key!

She's done REALLY well, except for a few incidents that I will probably talk about in another post, because they were so CLASSIC, but I don't want to taint this feel-good, Abby-praising post with those silly negative but pretty hilarious mishaps...

Later, kids! More pics of the girl Phoebe to come...

3 comments:

The Sorensen Bunch said...

YEAH ABBY!! I HATE toilet training..but when it is over you and the child get some well-deserved party time!! I do have to smile thinking of the 'mishaps' as I knwo they can be in the most awkward places, unprepared, messiest moments....gotta love it!! Congrats on one set of diapers--it will do your budget and diaper pail some good!

small town Hood said...

I started carrying a pair of panties in my purse for those accidents they help alot for bad times. hope it works
Heather

kk Leilani said...

congrats on the potty training. What a world of difference! so cool!